Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Last Week

Well here it is, my last week of nannying before summer break. I can't believe that I've been with this little hobgoblin for eight whole months! Baby certainly has been a treasure. Especially when, like today, I go in to retrieve her from her crib and she has left teeth marks all along the top of the crib! Of course she has her sly smile on that says she knows she got away with something she shouldn't have done. She loves breaking the rules. Baby is smart enough to be the cutest ever after she has misbehaved, with adorable smiles and giggles. And I attack her with tickles while telling her she was very naughty.

Regardless of the misbehavior, I will still miss her like the dickens. Because those smiles and giggles are priceless and irreplaceable. But lounging pool side, eating food from the grill, sleeping with merely the sounds of the cicadas as my background music, air-conditioning, my famfam, eclipse with lil' sis, suntan, BG's wedding, preschool . . . there is a lot to miss, but there certainly is a great deal to look forward to!


Anyway, this past weekend was great. It was very busy though, keeping us going, going, going. Friday started with a get together at some friends' apartment followed by Maifest (an Oktoberfest like event in the Square). I enjoyed the evening with a fine authentic German bratwurst. Yum.

Then Saturday was spent from 10 a.m till 1 a.m. with BG and Marsbars. We had Sbux over at BG's and then took off for DSW and the mall. Of course I should find a pair of shoes. Something would be catastrophically wrong if I didn't find any shoes. I was not in need of new sandals, but I just simply couldn't resist.

Then of course the Gap was having sales. Which, I am a sucker for the sale.

We came back and ate dinner at Pizza Art Cafe. Roommate cousin and I shared a blue cheese salad, followed up with shrimp and muscles. It was truly delicious. We finished it off with a cappuccino (which we did not share). Then we headed back over to BG's for an evening of games.

Sunday was a long day, but great. Roommate Cousin and I brought treats for coffee hour at church. And then Marsbars joined us for 1/2 price sushi in the square. It was delicious. We reattended Maifest and got some cake and coffee, which turned into a greater ordeal than necessary due to the torrential downpour we landed in the midst of.

Then Target. And then I made eggplant parmesan for dinner. It was an experiment of the culinary nature. The consensus was that people enjoyed it, and I don't think they were merely being polite.

Then we played this game called Forbidden Island. Scandalous I know. But it was really like a game taking Prince of Persia and The Last Airbender, and slamming them into one and making them a board game. It wound up to be pretty enjoyable. Rather than a game where you strive for a solo win, the object of the game is to work together to beat the game itself. Which is done so by retrieving the four elements before you or the island sink into the abyss.

And now I will leave you with this trailer for the Zac Efron film coming out this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment