Monday, April 26, 2010

Guilt of the Unhealthy Obsession

Every now and again, something comes along that changes your life forever. 

It used to be that I would waste nap time watching things such as Regis and Kelly and Food Network shows. But for the past few months, a new show has come into my life and changed the way I spend nap time.

This show is called - ahem - Supernatural. Now, my lil' sis told me that I should limit the amount of people I admit this obsession to, but I told her I would blog about it -- thus, here it is.

Supernatural is a show about two brothers who fight evil (ghosts, demons, vamps, etc.) and look sexy while doing it. It is shown twice a day, everyday on TNT's primetime in the daytime. And twice a day, every day - I watch it.

It used to be that I would turn it on after I put Baby down for her morning nap. I would catch the last twelve minutes and be extremely confused, watching it while I either blogged or wrote. The acting seemed bad and the plot somewhat non-existent. However, I eventually decided that it would make more sense to record the program. Boy did I underestimate how this would impact my life.

The moment I set the automatically record every episode button was the moment in which I sold my dignity and began my obsession.


I can't believe it took me so long to finally watch this show. It is exactly what I look for in a television program. Every episode is its own great little pocket of adventure, imbedded in the on going story of the battle between good and evil. And though initially it seemed to lack plot, this is indeed not true. Usually I would go into more description of the story line, but I think I better not (you probably understand why). The main characters are two brothers who are extremely attractive and rugged. Dressing in ensembles consisting of denim on denim or flannel, they go out on the hunt for supernatural creatures that plague our world - and kill em'. As I am a huge fanatic of fantasy and make believe, I dig it. And when those boys shed tears with such genuine vulnerability - I nearly cry myself (nearly).


I am not ashamed of this obsession. I am realistic and I accept the show for what it is. I certainly would not go about telling you to start watching this show immediately. In fact, there are very few people I would actually recommend it to. But it consumes a better part of my life, and I blame it for the fact the last time I blogged was about manure.

There are few professions that allow you three hours (fingers crossed) a day to do whatever you please. And as should be, I have one of those fine professions. And what I so please is to watch Sam and Dean Winchester drive around in their Impala, from state to state in search of bad guys. If that is wrong, well then I do not want to be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment