Monday, January 30, 2012

Music Monday (1)

Hi there. I took somewhat of a blogging hiatus over the weekend to focus more of my attention on writing. I was productive--finally. Usually when I fall out of writing for a bit, I start a new project. The project tends to be one I don't plan to go anywhere, but I write it in hopes that it will jostle my creativity and reawaken the writing passion. It helped. I was able to write over 5,000 words this weekend, which felt really good.

But...in Academy Award related news...I have now viewed  5 out of 9 of the Best Picture films.

Today's Post: Music Monday

Some of my favorite categories at the Oscars are the Music related awards

 This year, the nominees are:


Music (Original Score)

  • "The Adventures of Tintin" John Williams
  • "The Artist" Ludovic Bource
  • "Hugo" Howard Shore
  • "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" Alberto Iglesias
  • "War Horse" John Williams

  • Music (Original Song)

    • "Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets"
      Music and Lyric by Bret McKenzie
    • "Real in Rio" from "Rio"
      Music by Sergio Mendes and Carlinhos Brown; Lyric by Siedah Garrett

      Stay tuned each Monday for another featured soundtrack.

      Winners over the Past 10 years:

      2001 - Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Tan Dun
      2002 - The Lord of the Rings: Felloswhip of the Ring, Howard Shore
      2003- Frida, Elliot Goldenthal
      2004 - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Howard Shore
      2005 - Finding Neverland, Jan A. P. Kaczmarek
      2006 - Brokeback Mountain, Gustavo Santaolalla
      2007 - Babel, Gustavo Santaolalla
      2008 - Atonement, Dario Marianello
      2009 - Slumdog Millionaire, A.R. Rahman

      2010 - Up, Michael Giacchino



      2011-  The Social Network, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment