Monday, January 23, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Fictional Crushes


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's top ten is a FREE-FOR-ALL.

I've decided to compile a list of my TOP TEN favorite swoon-worthy book boys.


I am sure we all have this list – Top Ten Fictional Crushes!!

(In order from least to greatest)

10. Catcher from Dead Tossed Waves and Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan:
He reaches out with his uninjured hand and runs a finger along my lips.‘I can’t let anything happen to you,’ he says. ‘It will kill me.’  (Carrie Ryan, The Dark and Hollow Places)
9. Ky Markhem from Crossed Trilogy by Ally Condie:
 “Ky smiles then, a smile I've never seen before. It's the kind of daring, reckless smile that could make people follow him straight into a firing, a flood.” (Ally Condie, Crossed)
8. Oliver from Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith:
"It seems impossible that she could have liked someone like Mitchell when there was someone like this guy in the world, someone tall and lanky, with tousled hair and startling green eyes and a speck of mustard on his chin, like the one small imperfection that makes the whole painting work somehow." (Jennifer E. Smith, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight)
If you haven’t fallen in love with Oliver yet, enter my giveaway – The Statistical Probability of Winning a Book Giveaway.

7. Zane from Pretties and Specials by Scott Westerfeld:
“’Summer is just too….I don’t know—Warming or something.’” “’When you kissed me just then, was that to help you stay bubbly and to make me remember better? Or was it….’ (Zane) ‘What do you think?’ (Tally)” (Scott Westerfeld, Pretties)
6. Etienne St Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:
“I'm a little distracted by this English French American Boy Masterpiece.”
(Stephanie Perkins, Anna and the French Kiss)

5. Patch Cipriano from Hush, Hush Saga by Becca Fitzpatrick:
 “’If you can't feel, why did you kiss me?’"
Patch traced a finger along my collarbone, then headed south stopping at my heart. I felt it pounding through my skin. ‘Because I feel it here, in my heart,’ he said quietly.” (Becca Fitzpatrick, Hush, Hush) 
4. Archer Cross from Hex Hall Series by Rachel Hawkins:
“Archer Cross, resident bad boy and total heartthrob. Warlock. Every girl here is at least, like, half in love with him. Crushing on Archer Cross
might as well be a class.” (Rachel Hawkins, Hex Hall)
3. Sean Kendrick from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater:
 “’Does anyone ask you why you stay, Sean Kendrick?’
‘They do.’
‘And why do you?’
‘The sky and the sand and the sea and Corr.’” (Maggie Stiefvater, The Scorpio Races)
2. Jace Wayland from The Mortal Instruments by Cassie Clare:
“’Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, ‘Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself.’
...’At least,’ she said, ‘you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland.’
‘Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.’” (Cassandra Clare, City of Bones)
AND...

1. Caleb Trask from East of Eden by John Steinbeck:
“I think I love you, Cal." -Abra
I'm not good." -Cal
Because you're not good." -Abra”  (John Steinbeck, East of Eden)


Honorable Mentions:
Will Herondale – The Infernal Devices by Cassie Clare
Adrian Ivashkov – The Vampire Academy and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Alex – Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Akiva – Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Kent – Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

What is your TOP TEN LIST this week?
Leave a comment and link and I will definitely pay you a visit.

And go here to enter to win a copy of The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith in which my number 8 book crush (Oliver -- swoon) will win your heart too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment